The other day a friend of mine gave me a whole bag of home-grown yellow squash and zucchini from her garden. I was so grateful for the thoughtfulness. My friend knew I enjoyed cooking and she didn’t want all of her squash and zucchini to go to waste. I brought the bag home and had made the typical roasted squash with a touch of oil, salt and pepper that night. A couple days later I realized it had been awhile since I made pizza. So, I mixed some ingredients together and made this beautifully earthy and vibrant colored pizza. I used mozzarella because it melts so nicely into the crust and feta cheese because it adds a nice salty bite. The aromas from the garlic and onions are so comforting, too.
I sliced the onions, zucchini, and yellow squash into thin medallions and then sliced them in half so I could decorate my pizza dough. If you make this pizza with family and friends I find that pizza decorating makes for good memories and fun. My son, Rayden, who is almost 2 years old now doesn’t really decorate the pizza. However, he sure does like to taste test all of the ingredients and scarf down the finished product – ha! This white pizza with yellow squash and zucchini is perfect comfort and play food for the summer season.
|White Pizza with Yellow Squash and Zucchini
|1 Yellow Squash|
|1/2 White or Sweet Onion|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|Garlic Powder or 1-2 Cloves of minced Garlic|
|Pizza Dough or Simple Bread Recipe*|
|Red Pepper Flake|
To begin, start by prepping or making your pizza dough
- Once the pizza dough is ready, flatten it out into any shape you like
- I used my Simple Bread recipe, which is made with coconut oil and raw honey. I rolled and cut the dough into a square and then laid it onto a baking tray. The dough covered a little more than half the tray
Next, slice YELLOW SQUASH, ZUCCHINI, ONION, and MOZZARELLA
- Place slices of mozzarella over the pizza dough
- Then cover with yellow squash, zucchini, and onions
- Drizzle EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL on top
- Then sprinkle a good amount of crumbled FETA CHEESE all over the pizza
- Add GARLIC POWDER or MINCED GARLIC
- Lastly, sprinkle BLACK PEPPER, DRIED PARSLEY, and RED PEPPER FLAKE, too
Bake the pizza at 400° Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes
Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Go back to: Main Courses