This dish was inspired by a pasta dish by Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman (https://thepioneerwoman.com/). I learned who she was when she got her own cooking show on the Food Network. Her smile and charm keeps me hooked into her show. Kind of like how Giada De Laurentis (http://www.giadadelaurentiis.com/) does with her shows, too. If I ever start making cooking videos you bet I will be putting a smile on my face and just being myself.
Any ways, Ree Drummond has a pasta dish featuring Gouda cheese. While this recipe isn’t exactly like hers, it is so satisfying with the rich and creaminess that you get from melted smoked Gouda. I pair this with some tangy, chewy, and candy-like sun dried tomatoes, and baby spinach for good texture and settle bitterness. The flavors all together are very comforting. Which is the type of food Ree Drummond cooks. Comfort food all the time.
|Angel Hair Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Smoked Gouda
|½ pound of Angel Hair Pasta|
|1 cup of Baby Spinach|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|Parsley (fresh or dried)|
|Sea Salt and Black Pepper|
|½ cup of grated Smoked Gouda Cheese|
|1 cup of Sun Dried Tomatoes|
To make this dish start by using a mixing bowl prepare ingredients as follows:
- Add SUN DRIED TOMATOES and BABY SPINACH into the mixing bowl
- If some of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes goes into the mixing bowl that is fine (more flavor!)
- Add grated SMOKED GOUDA cheese
- Add SALT and PEPPER to your preference
- Mix all of the ingredients and leave aside
To cook the pasta:
- Use a large pot and fill it up with water about half way, or a little more, and bring to a boil.
- Submerge the ANGEL HAIR and lower the heat to medium-high.
- Angel hair cooks quickly (within 2-5 minutes).
- Move the pasta around to avoid sticking together and to the bottom of the pot.
- Once the angel hair is cooked use a pair of tongs or a pasta kitchen spoon and transfer to the mixing bowl with sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and smoked Gouda.
- Add more EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL to keep the dish smooth and moist.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- The heat from the angel hair will melt the smoked Gouda cheese and cook down the spinach.
- Add PARSLEY for garnish and more SALT and PEPPER if necessary.
Go back to: Main Courses