Recently, I revamped this website and got more in depth about what Tree House Cooking is in the About/Contact section. While being a military spouse, mom, daughter, sister, friend, dreamer, and so forth I felt a sudden surge of gratitude. I launched Tree House Cooking in January of 2018 after spending months prior to and during my husband’s deployment in Afghanistan in 2017 searching inward and thinking of all of my life experiences as to what I could create and could travel with. I wanted something that would be self-fulfilling, useful and of service to others, creative, imaginative, lucrative, and flexible enough to do while being a stay-at-home mom. I have actually gone through 5-6 business ideas, but Tree House Cooking has stuck around the longest and shows real promise and purpose for my family and beyond.
The big goal for Tree House Cooking is to spread mind-full mealtimes and build healthy relationships through story-cookbooks. Like many of us, we have plenty of stories to share. I want to reveal my stories and share tasty home-cooked recipes with you as Tree House Cooking grows.
The Roots of Tree House Cooking
- Love – To build and nurture relationships
- Creativity – For freedom of expression and imagination
- Health – To enjoy living and naturally embrace good food
- Flavors – Open up to the diversity of foods
- Peace – To reach out beyond the kitchen and help the world
For now, I am starting with recipe pages and a cooking journal (blog), but as time goes by it will expand. Right now, the cooking journal comes in 3 parts:
- Recipe Blog – These are the memories, people, and flavors that influence my home cooking
- Cooking with Rayden – In 2016, my husband and I were gifted with Rayden. He has been my “sous chef” since he was 4 months old. Rayden is often complemented by how well he eats. We are more than happy to share how we cook in the kitchen and which recipes and ways of eating are the best for getting good food in our bodies. Perhaps, some of our recipes, tips, and tricks will work for you, too!
- Confessions – These stories are far and few between. Here I share my vulnerabilities, discoveries, and lessons when facing challenges for being adopted, discriminated, self-abusive, a military spouse, motherhood, heart broken, toxic relationships, and being in complete survival mode. I hope to inspire someone, or many, to not give up on themselves and see the light at the end of the tunnel.
While all of this is coming together I am still learning and figuring out how to build a website, write a recipe blog, take some decent food photos, attract visitors and followers, how to get published, and so forth. Honestly, THANK YOU all so much for your continued support and feedback. It’s definitely taking time to make this happen, but I know the persistence is worth it. My ultimate dream is BIG, but the ultimate dream can’t happen without you. Thank you.
Jessica L.P. Stephens
P.S. I am going to have to start posting my artwork soon. Looking forward to sharing that and seeing your artwork as well!