I was inspired to whip up some chocolate pudding after watching season 1 of Zumbo’s Just Desserts on Netflix. It is a competition show and I was glued to it because I enjoyed seeing what people were coming up with for designing desserts. I don’t often make desserts or baked goods, but I was actually really happy with this because I used Stevia, coconut milk, and unsweetened cocoa powder to make it. So simple! . If you freeze this it will harden (because of the coconut milk/oils) and come out like a fudge. Eventually it will turn back into a pudding once it’s back to room temperature. I know some of my friends who try to eat less refined white sugar may find this pudding/fudge an instant hit for their palettes.
|2 in 1 Chocolate Pudding and Fudge
|1 cup of coconut milk (preferably the thicker white creamy layer)|
|1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder|
|3-4 grams of Stevia|
Using a mixing bowl and baking spatula:
- Pour in COCONUT MILK, preferably the thicker white creamy layer
- Then gently add 1 cup of UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
- Add 3-4 grams of STEVIA
- The packaged individual packets are usually 1 gram each
- Gently fold the ingredients together until the mixture thickens and then stir and blend well
- I use the side of the mixing bowl to mash the clumps of cocoa powder with the coconut milk and this makes for a smooth consistency
If you leave this mixture at room temperature the consistency is like a smooth and thick pudding.
If you leave this in the fridge, or put against something frozen, it will become more solid like a fudge. Check out this refreshing and sweet treat: Frozen Fruit Yogurt with Chocolate Pudding/Fudge
Go back to: Desserts