Avocado and Roasted Chicken Sandwich with Wasabi Mayonnaise
|Bread (Your Choice)|
|A handful of Mixed Greens|
|Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper|
To make this sandwich you will pick out your preferred bread.
- I used a mixed grain and seed bread, but I would also love this on a toasted ciabatta (with or without herbs), pretzel bread/bun, sourdough, and rye.
Next will be setting up vegetables:
- Wash and dry a handful or two of mixed greens and set it aside
- Then thinly slice a tomato and set it aside
- Chop 2-4 scallions (also called spring or green onion) and set aside
In a mixing bowl:
- Pull apart roasted chicken until you get the consistency you prefer
- I like my chicken to be somewhat chunky, but I have family/friends that prefer their chicken (and canned tuna) to be pulled until the strands are really thin making the pulled chicken light and fluffy.
- Add a dollop (or spoonful) of wasabi mayonnaise (or a mix of mayonnaise with some wasabi added to it)
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette
- Add the chopped scallions
- Add pink Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients together
Next will be building the sandwich:
- Between two pieces of toasted bread add chicken, tomato, mixed greens, and avocado
There’s your new take on a chicken sandwich full of flavor, heat, and beautiful colors. Enjoy!
Go back to: Sandwiches
You May Also Like: