|1 can of Black Beans|
|½ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper|
|1-2 stalks of Celery|
|1 dollop of Mayonnaise|
|Salt and Pepper|
|½ – 1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika|
Sometimes I am just in the mood for something fatty, but not too filling. My mom use to make something similar to this black bean dish. She used kidney beans instead and would add pieces of boiled egg whites. I usually make this black bean dish in a mixing bowl and just eat it quickly before I need to run errands and take care of the house. The crunchy and salty celery pairs well with the softer and starchy black beans. Adding some mayonnaise brings comfort to it all. This would also taste well on top of toasted slices of baguette or french bread as an appetizer.
Begin by draining and rinsing 1 can of BLACK BEANS over a colander
- Then place in a mixing bowl.
- Wash and rinse 1-2 stalks of CELERY, chop, and add to the mixing bowl
- Add 1 dollop or spoonful of MAYONNAISE
- Sprinkle CAYENNE PEPPER and SMOKED PAPRIKA
- Mix all the ingredients together and add SALT and PEPPER to taste
Serve in bowl and add a small handful of CILANTRO leaves for garnish.
Go back to: Sides