|2 ½ pounds of Lean Ground Beef|
|½ a block of Extra Firm Tofu|
|5-6 small Portobello Mushrooms finely chopped|
|Handful of Baby Spinach finely chopped|
|3-5 Garlic Cloves finely chopped|
|Salt and Pepper|
|2 beaten Eggs|
|Provolone Cheese (optional)|
|Dried Parsley (garnish)|
|Red Pepper Flakes (garnish)|
These Decadent Meatballs are a meal in themselves due to the fact they are huge! I make tennis ball sized meatballs; there is no reason to have a side of spaghetti with them. There are herbs to make them more flavorful than just cooked beef. Plus, I like to add mushrooms and spinach for more texture and nutrients. They simmer in broth and warm up in an oven as if they purchased a Japanese onsen and sauna package. Finally, I use one secret ingredient to ensure they stay moist, juicy, and tender.
Yep! Not even kidding. I use Extra Firm Tofu and the moisture and consistency of tofu blends perfectly well with the beefy meatball. Now here’s how to make these very delicious, chock-full of flavor, and gluttonous meatballs.
Begin my prepping the vegetables first:
- Chop PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS, GARLIC, and BABY SPINACH very finely
Then take out a small bowl or container
- Whisk 2 WHOLE EGGS so the whites and yolks combine evenly
Take out a mixing bowl:
- Place LEAN GROUND BEEF in to the mixing bowl
- Add a couple pinches (or to taste) of DRIED THYME, DRIED BASIL, SALT and PEPPER
- Then add in the prepped vegetables
- Using your hands, crumble the EXTRA FIRM TOFU
- Cover all the ingredients with the whisked eggs
- Mix all ingredients together
- I prefer to use to my hands to ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated
Then take out a baking pan:
- Portion tennis ball size meatballs and place them into the baking pan with space in between each meatball
- Gently pour in CHICKEN BROTH
- Heat up the oven to 350° Fahrenheit and let the meatballs bake for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, take the meatballs out and add provolone cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted
- Or, do not add provolone and let meatballs broil until crispy on the outside
Sprinkle with DRIED PARSLEY and RED PEPPER FLAKE for garnish, serve immediately and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these Decadent Meatballs. My husband, Jeff, absolutely loves them. Let me know what you think. Feel free to share your secret ingredient or family meatball recipe in the comments. Until next time, have a great day!
Go back to: Main Courses