|1 Flank Steak|
|1 spoonful of Plain Greek Yogurt|
|1 teaspoon of Ginger Powder|
|Red Pepper Flakes|
|1 Sweet Onion|
|1 package of Dried Beans Variety Pack|
|1 (32 ounce) container of Vegetable or Beef Broth|
It is nice and convenient to have a slow-cooker in the house. There are countless crock-pot recipes out there and this is another one. I like this recipe because it is good as is, but it can also be carried into other dishes for the week.
Start Monday with beef and beans. Tuesday, add some spices with diced tomatoes and you’ve either got a chili or a curry. Wednesday heat up your favorite tortillas, add some guacamole, onions, cabbage and you’ve got tacos. Thursday, take a bowl and fill it up with some mixed greens, drain the broth and add beef and beans with a drizzle of tangy avocado and cilantro creamy dressing for a satisfying salad. Come Friday, well, to be honest, I’m not a fan of meal plans that last for more than 3-4 days. Have you ever done those meal plans? The first day is great; it’s fresh. The second day is delicious and the flavors have combined. Come the third and fourth day you’re eating it with some faith that it hasn’t gone bad. After that, you know you’re giving it the eye and smell test.
Any ways, here is the recipe.
Place FLANK STEAK at the bottom of the crock-pot:
- Then add the entire bag of DRIED BEANS
- Quarter the SWEET ONION and place on top of everything
- Cover with GARLIC POWDER
- Pour in a whole container of VEGETABLE or BEEF BROTH
- Only add enough WATER to cover the ingredients inside
Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Scoop as much of the beef and beans as you want into a bowl. Add SALT (I used pink Himalayan salt) to your preference.
- For garnish, sprinkle some DRIED PARSLEY and RED PEPPER FLAKES
- Add a spoonful of PLAIN GREEK YOGURT (or sour cream)
Go back to: Main Courses